Team Leader Python Engineer
At Idego Group, you’ll work with people who find pleasure in programming and have deep knowledge about a variety of technologies. You’ll work for our clients worldwide and provide support in great software development, including IoT, machine learning and blockchain related projects.
We provide quality and give ourselves a lot of autonomy, common sense and general friendliness.
About the opportunity
Our Client provides advanced cross-border solutions enabling marketplace sellers to grow their business globally. With over 40,000 sellers worldwide and over 12 years in breaking barriers to international trade, our client automatically translates, localizes, and lists items as well as synchronizes seller’s inventory, stock, and prices across multiple international marketplaces, such as eBay, Amazon, Cdiscount or Allegro.
- As a Team Leader Python Developer you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary agile team that is responsible for developing services and plugins to process and localize large amounts of e-commerce listings and run thousands of localized Ecommerce sites.
- You will work on the development of internal micro-services & APIs to support a flow of millions of products and orders between domestic and international stores
- You will improve performance and scalability of our services
- You will breathe and live by Test Driven Development to outsmart your QA colleagues
- You will continually seek to develop your skills, develop your team developers
- You will manage a team of programmers, control their work and performed tasks
- You always stand up to the challenges your software may present to the not so amused customer, be the light in the tunnel, not just at the end of it.
- You influence your peers, your stakeholders to design a top notch solution for every problem space you put your hands on.
- Architecture-level design decisions during various phases of a project.
What we expect from you:
- 6+ years of recent production quality Python product development experience.
- At least a year in team management and developing less experienced programmers
- Experience in designing highly scalable web applications
- Experience developing and maintaining complex web architectures
- experience with the following technologies:
- SQL databases such as: MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar
- NoSQL databases such as: MongoDB, Memcached, or similar
- strong analytical skills
- Experience in SOA and message queues (like RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge of TDD
- Knowledge of REST (Swagger)
- Some experience with Docker
- Experience in ElasticSearch
- Having contributed to Open Source ( send us your GitHub id!)
- Experience in scalability and caching techniques
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Good written and spoken English, comfortable with working in an international environment
Nice to have
- Basic DevOps skills (*nix, Apache/nginx)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS)
What perks are waiting for you:
- Work environment with zero micromanagement – we cherish autonomy.
- 100% remote work (unless you want to work from our HQ Gdynia), recruitment & onboarding.
- 100% paid holidays (24 working days) paid leave (2 weeks) if you feel sick or dizzy.
- Really cool seaside apartments available for free for both leisure & work.
- Experienced team from 8 to 15+ years in commercial projects.
- Unique memes channel.
- Private medical insurance (basic dental services included) and Multisport.
- We want you to join our team. We are neither the agency giving you projects from time to time, nor huge corporation where you are a “dev XYZ”. At Idego – you matter!